I came across this recipe for Summer Pudding in Departures this afternoon, and I will absolutely try it out this summer when berries are in season.
The photo by Francesco Tonelli looked so appetizing I had to read the recipe, courtesy of Jeremy King and Chris Corbin, owners of The Wolseley restaurant in London.
How can you go wrong with mixed, stewed berries, brioche and raspberry brandy? YUM!
Summer Pudding (Serves 6 to 8)
1 lb. diced strawberries
1 lb. raspberries
1 lb. blueberries
1 lb. blackberries
3/4 cup sugar
Half a vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
2 tbsp. tramboise eau de vie (raspberry liqueur)
1 large loaf of brioche, sliced about 1/4-inch thick, crusts removed (a loaf of challah can substitute)
1. Put half of all the berries in a saucepan, add sugar, vanilla seeds and pod and framroise eau de vie. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for about 5 minutes, or until the fruit is runny and puréed.
2. Add the remaining berries and remove the saucepan from heat to allow the berries to poach in the liquid for several minutes until softened. Strain through a sieve to separate the coulis from the fruit and remove the vanilla pod.
3. Cut the brioche slices in half and soak half of the slices in the warm coulis, then place flat on the bottom of a 10x7x2-inch baking pan. Make sure the brioche slices fit together snugly.
4. Pour the strained fruit on top of the brioche, spreading it evenly. Soak the remaining slices of brioche in the coulis and layer on top of the fruit. The leftover coulis should be kept covered in a bowl and refrigerated.
5. Cover the top of the summer pudding with a sheet of plastic wrap and place a similar sized dish on top, weighing down with a pot to gently compress the pudding. Place in fridge overnight.
6. Cut into squares and pour a little coulis over each pudding. Serve with crème fraîche and fresh berries.
This May's Allure Russia cover story features work from photographer Kenneth Willardt, set designer Viki Rutsch, and nail technician Honey! The lovely Alyssa Miller models.
- See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/kenneth-willardt-viki-rutsch-and-honey-for-allure-russia#sthash.CjalqPL0.dpuf Kenneth Willardt #VikiRutsch #HoneyNailz Alyssa Miller
7 hours ago
Photographer Dan Burn-Forti shares with us about his shoot for the Sunday Times Driving campaign:
"We shot these on two of the most horrible rainy windy yucky British Spring weather days I can remember. Which normally would have been a problem but as the shots were meant to look like website car selling snaps, this grimness actually seemed rather apt. Personally, I would have opted for a Caribbean setting, but that's just me."
- See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/dan-burn-forti-for-the-sunday-times#sthash.34uxKh7P.dpuf
#DanBurnForti The Times and The Sunday Times Sunday Times Driving
2 days ago
The John Hardy Spring 2014 Collection is here! Photographer Doug Rosa shoots shimmering jewelry on dark, delicate waves of water. - See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/doug-rosa-for-john-hardy-1#sthash.tbAMGW1z.dpuf #DougRosa #JohnHardy
3 days ago
Kenneth Willardt photographed model Nur amongst rich, vibrant color palettes for "Africa and the City" in the April issue of Vanity Fair Italia.
- See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/kenneth-willardt-for-vanity-fair-italia#sthash.RSV9JxZV.dpuf #KennethWillardt Kenneth Willardt Vanity Fair Italia #Nur
3 days ago
Dan Burn-Forti photographs baby chicks for Asda!
"These chicks were only eight days old and yet surprisingly they really had quite different personalities. The hero dancing chick was all over the place, pecking at everything, flapping her wings and racing about. Whilst the others ranged from shy to lazy to, well, asleep. But we had a word with their agents and they pulled it together in the end as ultimately, they are professionals." -Dan
- See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/dan-burn-forti-for-asda#sthash.A70FuOoZ.dpuf #DanBurnForti
3 days ago
Doug Rosa shot these beautiful pieces of meteorite jewelry made by socially responsible and sustainable fine jewelry company Monique Péan for Barneys New York. Proceeds go towards water purification systems in Ethiopia, in collaboration with charity: water. - See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/doug-rosa-for-barney-s#sthash.NGvvEL0L.dpuf #DougRosa #stilllifephotography #jewelry
6 days ago
Photographer Dan Burn-Forti shot this clever ad campaign for Airbus! Here's what he has to say:
"People looking miserable and squished as if they're on a nasty packed flight was not a hard brief to imagine, but it wasn't until we started that I remembered that it's all really about the middle seat. You've got to hate the middle seat. And, for verisimilitude (good word), I didn't let them out of their seats once they'd sat down. Hot, cramped and uncomfortable seemed to do the trick, but we drew the line at feeding them beef stroganoff and teeny packets of cheese. That would just have been cruel."
We agree with him, of course.
- See more of the campaign at: http://exposureny.com/blog/dan-burn-forti-for-airbus#sthash.EEG0dfBd.dpuf
6 days ago
Lucchese boots were made for walking on this desert sunset scene, designed by Viki Rutsch! - See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/viki-rutsch-for-lucchese#sthash.vQ7PvpgQ.dpuf #VikiRutsch #setdesign #Lucchese
1 week ago
Doug Rosa shot glittering diamond rings on romantic roseate flowerbeds for Mappin & Webb.
- See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/doug-rosa-for-mappin-webb#sthash.jnVcFVDZ.dpuf #DougRosa #jewelry #stilllifephotography
1 week ago
Few fashion exhibitions tour as widely as "The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk." With each city the exhibit touches, new pieces are added, including the artful works of hair stylist Odile Gilbert, who shared some photos with us! If you're in London, check out the exhibit at the Barbican Art Gallery from April 9th through August 25th. - See more at: http://exposureny.com/blog/odile-gilbert-for-jean-paul-gaultier-exhibit#sthash.e6U4pFaO.dpuf #OdileGilbert #OdileGilbertHair Barbican Centre
1 week ago